FEP FILM USED IN SEALS AND GASKETS
FEP SEALS AND GASKETS – FEP has a very good resistance to almost all chemicals. Besides that, FEP can handle high temperatures up to 204 °C and is not effected by UV radiation.
This unique combination of properties make FEP often suitable as gasket or seal especially in high demanding surroundings.
If you want to use FEP for this application, you can just order a piece of film and cut it to size however, we also offer machine cut film for more complex shapes
FEP seals and gaskets are mostly made from thicker FEP film. In our experience the following items are often ordered:
- 0.010” FEP film – Cut to size
- 0.010” FEP film – Cut to roll width
- 0.020” FEP film – Cut to size
- 0.020” FEP film – Cut to roll width
- 0.040” FEP film – Cut to size
- 0.040” FEP film – Cut to roll width
- Sample package – THICK – with 0.01” – 0.02” and 0.04” FEP film
- Machine cut FEP film
If you are a dealer or user of big volumes of FEP film within the chemical field and in need of full rolls or large quantities. Please contact us for a suitable offer.
OTHER PRODUCTS OF HOLSCOT EUROPE THAT MIGHT BE INTERESTING:
- Tanks, lined piping and vessels are often covered with Fluoroplastics so there is no contact between the steel and the chemicals. For lined piping we often use a PTFE pipewhich is pulled through the steel pipe.
- Vessels and tanks often have a FEP glass backed film. This very versatile material has one side FEP and on the other side a glass backing. The glass backing can be bonded to the steel of the tank or vessel.
- The flanges of chemical piping are often equipped with a FEP flange shield. Which helps improve safety in case of leakage.
- PFA film, if the temperature is higher than 204 °C, FEP film is not suitable anymore. PFA could be an alternative as it can withstand temperatures of 260 °C