FEP FILM USED IN UV DISINFECTION
FEP FILM AND UV DISINFECTION – FEP has the property that it does not block UV radiation, measurements show that about 97% of UV light is transmitted. In addition, FEP is totally unaffected by UV, it does not degrade or discolor. As a result, FEP film is often used in applications where products or plants are disinfected with UV light, or in UV lamps used in insect killing apparatus and water treatment.
FEP film is often tensioned into a stainless steel frame. On one side are the UV lamps and on the other side the product to be disinfected. In this way the glass of the lamps and the product can never come into contact with each other. Our experience shows that the following of our products are often ordered for this application:
- 0.005” FEP film – Cut to size
- 0.005” FEP film – Cut to roll width
- 0.010” FEP film – Cut to size
- 0.010” FEP film – Cut to roll width
- Sample packet – MEDIUM – with 0.004″ – 0.005″ – 0.010″ FEP film
OTHER PRODUCTS OF HOLSCOT EUROPE regarding FEP film and UV disinfection:
- FEP COATINGS OF UV LAMPS: using a FEP lampsleeve, UV lamps can be made shatterproof. If they break, the glass will not contact the product
- FEP COATING OF QUARTZ TUBES: a FEP heat shrinkable tube covers a quartz tube, in which often a UV lamp is placed. This is often used in Mushrooms cultivation.
FEP is used in various ways in UV disinfection:
- Water disinfection
- UV insect killers, these are often in restaurants or cafeterias
- UV lamps that are used to kill microorganism in crops
- FEP film which make the UV lamps and product don’t touch each other
Hi i’ve a question about your FEP film. as you mentioned, your film’s UV translation is reached 97%. my question is what about UVC range 270nm to 280nm. specially, i’m finding a film have a qood translation that wavelength region.
can you share more informations about this film.
Hello Jake Lee,
Thank you for your interest in our FEP film. I don’t have precise information on the 270 – 280 range. I know the whole spectrum of light passes througk very good. That’s why FEP is also often used in UV lamp protection.
If you wish to test I sugest ordering a small piece of the required thickness first.